Here we have it! Our second salad of our “Summer Salad Series!” using fresh veggies from The Fruit Shop !! What’s on the menu? We’re glad you asked! … SALMON! This super simple salad can be whipped up in next to no time, and is sure to be a crowd pleaser! Salmon, rice, broccoli, sesame…what more could you want? Give it a go to see what all the fuss is about! We promise it will NOT disappoint 🤤If you do try making this, or any of our other recipes from this series, make sure you take a picture of it and show us!
|1 salmon fillet per person (or substitute for tofu)||1.5C uncooked rice|
|1T rice wine vinegar||2 baby bok choy, thinly sliced|
|2 carrots, grated||2tsp sesame seeds|
|1 packet pickled sushi ginger||1 broccoli, sliced with long stalks, blanched in hot water|
Dressing: 3T sesame oil, 2T soy sauce, 1t brown sugar, juice of one lemon
1. Cook rice as per packet instructions. When cooked, stir through rice wine vinegar. Set aside.
2. Place broccoli in a medium bowl, covered in hot water for 4 minutes (you still want some crunch) and drain.
3. Prepare all vegetables and set aside in a large bowl.
4. Heat a medium non-stick fry pan. When hot, add salmon to pan, skin down and do not touch for 3 minutes. This gets the skin nice and crispy. Turn salmon over and remove from the pan once cooked through.
5. Whilst salmon is cooking, add rice to the large bowl with the vegetables alongside pickled ginger.
6. In a small bowl, combine all dressing ingredients and mix through the rest of the ingredients.
7. Place salad on plate, sprinkle with sesame seeds and place cooked salmon on top. Enjoy!