Whether you are planning your next tramp or endurance race, these biscuits are packed with fuel to sustain those energy levels. Try which ever dried fruit or nut combos you like! These got me through our adventure race with flying colours!
|250g butter||3T golden syrup|
|1C white sugar||1 1/4C standard white flour|
|1 1/4C oat flour* (in a high speed blender blend 1.5C oats until a fine flour is formed)||1C rolled oats|
|1/2C shredded coconut||2.5 tsp baking powder|
|1/2C chopped nuts or chocolate chips||1/2C dried fruit|
1. Preheat oven to 180c fanbake.
2. In a medium saucepan, melt together butter, golden syrup, white sugar. Transfer to a large bowl.
3. Stir in flour, oat flour, oats, coconut, baking powder.
4. Stir through dried fruit, nuts and chocolate chips if using.
5. Spread on a lined baking tray, keeping around 1cm thick.
6. Bake for 18-20 minutes and cut while warm. Cool down and enjoy!