A N Cubed Spin on an Annabel Langbein classic. Perfect for these wintery nights!
|-2 teaspoon oil||-1 onion, diced|
|-3 cloves garlic, minced||-2 teaspoon cumin|
|-1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes||-1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed|
|-1 200g block firm haloumi||-2 Tablespoons tomato paste|
|-1 teaspoon brown sugar||-Yoghurt to top|
|-7 blocks frozen spinach, defrosted|
and sliced (can also use fresh spinach)
|-1 400g can cherry tomatoes|
|-1/2 medium cauliflower||-1 teaspoon ground turmeric|
1. Prepare the cauliflower by cutting into chunks and putting in food processor until finely chopped.
2. In a large fry pan or pot, heat the oil and add onion, garlic, cumin and chilli flakes. Cook until onion is soft.
3. Add chickpeas and haloumi and mix so both are covered in spices.
4. Stir in sugar, tomato paste, canned tomatoes and spinach and simmer for 5 minutes.
5. While the stew is simmering, heat a drizzle of oil in a large fry pan over medium heat.
6. Add the cauliflower and turmeric and stir to combine. Saute cauliflower for 6-8 minutes until tender.
7. Serve stew over cauliflower and top with a spoonful of natural yoghurt.