With ANZAC Day coming up it’s time to get baking tasty bikkies. This version has the added bonus of some fibre, nutrients and healthy fats.
|125g butter||2T golden syrup|
|2T boiling water||1/2C white sugar|
|1C standard flour||1C oats|
|1/2C sultanas||1/2C apricots|
|1C coconut thread||3/4C walnuts|
|1/4C sunflower or pumpkin seeds|
1. Preheat oven to 160c.
2. In a small pot, melt together butter and golden syrup.
3. In a small bowl, mix together baking soda and boiling water and stir into the butter mixture.
4. In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients and pour the wet mixture in.
5. Using a tablespoon measurement, place spoonfuls onto lined baking trays and bake for 10-15 minutes, until golden
6. Cool on oven trays for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.