With plenty of feijoas around at the moment, we decided to create a frozen dessert. Aquafaba (the liquid from canned chickpeas) whips up like egg whites to provide a light and fluffy texture. This can easily be made vegan without putting the yoghurt in.
|8 feijoas, peeled||2 bananas, sliced and frozen|
|Aquafaba (liquid from 1 can of chickpeas), roughly 1/2C||1/2t cream of tartar or lemon juice|
|1/4C icing sugar||1/2C plain natural or greek yoghurt|
1. In an electric mixer, whip aquafaba with cream of tartar until soft peaks form. This will take 12-15 minutes.
2. Add icing sugar and yoghurt to aquafaba and mix for a further two minutes.
3. In a food processor, blend the frozen bananas and the feijoa flesh.
4. Fold the banana and feijoa mixture through the aquafaba mix.
5. Pour into container or lined tin and freeze for at least 8 hours