Weehoooo this week we have our take on Chicken Pesto Pasta. This was always a classic during the university years. Hope everyone is staying safe and sane!
|Pasta for 4 people (roughly 400g uncooked)||400g skinless chicken breast cut into bite sized pieces|
|300g mushrooms, sliced||1 clove garlic|
|1/2C pesto (or more if you like it stronger)||1 avocado|
|1/4C coconut milk||lemon zest and juice from 1/2 lemon|
|150g fresh or frozen spinach||250g cherry tomatoes|
Pesto Recipe: In a blender combine
|1C PACKED basil (can do 50:50 with parsley if need)||1 large clove garlic|
|1/4C extra virgin olive oil||1/8C parmesan|
|1/4T salt||1/4C walnuts|
1. Cook pasta as per instructions on packet
2. In a large fry pan heat drizzle of olive oil and cook chicken until cooked through. Remove from pan.
3. To the pan, add mushrooms and garlic. Fry until mushrooms are cooked.
4. While mushrooms are cooking, blend together pesto, avocado, coconut milk, lemon zest and juice. Blend until smooth.
5. Once the mushrooms are cooked, to the pan add the sauce, spinach, tomatoes and cooked chicken.
6. Stir through the cooked and drained pasta.
7. Divide between four plates, top with some cheese and basil if you like.