As schools go back, it can be tricky to fill those lunch boxes with snacks that are not packed with added sugars. Here we have three of our favourite things- banana, peanut butter and chocolate all combined in a muffin.
|3 large frozen bananas||3 eggs|
|3T canola or olive oil||1t vanilla extract|
|1/3 cup peanut butter||2/3 cup standard flour (or gluten free flour if required)|
|1t baking powder||1/2t baking soda|
|1 cup roughly chopped dark chocolate- our favourite is 72% cocoa|
Optional: Extra peanut butter to swirl on top
1. Preheat oven to 180c fan bake.
2. Prepare muffin tray.
3. In a large bowl, beat together mashed banana, eggs, oil, vanilla extract and peanut butter until well combined.
4. Fold in flour, baking powder and baking soda until combined. Make sure there are no chunks of flour stuck to the bottom of the bowl.
5. Fold in the chocolate chunks.
6. Evenly spread the mixture into 10 cases.
7. If you are going to top with peanut butter, put roughly ½ teaspoon of peanut butter on top of each muffin and swirl it in.
8. Bake for 17-20 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
9. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing from muffin tins.