Packed with flavour, this light and tasty meal is a winner in our household. Simple and effective!!
Cous Cous Salad
|400g chicken breast, cut into 2-3cm pieces||2 tsp balsamic vinegar|
|1 cup wholemeal couscous||1 1/3 cup chicken or vegetable stock|
|250g green beans||1 punnet cherry tomatoes (250g)|
|1/2 bag baby spinach||1 medium avocado|
|3T natural yoghurt||Handful of fresh basil|
|3T basil pesto (store bought or recipe below)||Salt and pepper to taste|
|1 cup PACKED basil||1 clove garlic|
|1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil||1/8 cup parmesan|
|1/4 T salt||1/4 cup walnuts|
Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
1.In a bowl, combine chicken breast with balsamic vinegar, sprinkle of salt and pepper.
2. In a pot with a well fitted lid, boil stock. Add couscous, turn off heat and cover with lid. Steam for 8 minutes.
3. Whilst couscous is steaming, heat fry pan and cook chicken until cooked through.
4. Prepare vegetables- cook beans in boiling water, quarter cherry tomatoes, dice avocado.
5. In a small bowl, mix pesto and yoghurt together.
6. In large serving bowl, combine couscous, chicken, beans, tomatoes, spinach, avocado and fresh basil. Stir through pesto dressing.
7. Season with salt and pepper.