The fun thing with this muesli is that you can put what ever you want in it and try different combinations and ratios. If you don’t like coconut, don’t put it in or if hazelnuts are your favourite, add some more. I even tried mixing rice bubbles through the last batch for some extra crunch.
Serves 4 | Cooking Time 10min
|3 cups wholegrain oats||1.5 cup nuts|
|½ cup thread coconut||3/4 cup seeds (pumpkin, sunflower, linseed)|
|2 Tablespoons sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon poppy seeds|
|¼ cup olive oil||2 Tablespoons honey|
|2 teaspoons cinnamon|
1. Pre heat over to 160c fan bake.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl (oats, nuts, seeds and any extras such as rice bubbles or cornflakes if using).
3. In a separate bowl, mix together olive oil, cinnamon and honey. Heat in microwave for 15 seconds until honey is runny.|
4. Stir the wet mixture through the dry mixture. It may take a bit of stirring to ensure it is all mixed and covered.
5. If the mixture still seems dry, add a dash more olive oil.
6. Spread mixture evenly onto baking trays.
7. Bake until toasted golden 1520 min.
Per serve: 1/3 cup (45g) | Energy: 988kJ | Protein: 5.7g | Total fat: 16.8g | Saturated fat: 3.6g | Carbohydrate: 14.6g | Sugars: 3.9g